Squirt is a wax based, long lasting dry lube for the use on mountain and road bicycle chains. Squirt Lube is a bio-degradable wax based lubricant designed for bicycle chain lubrication in all weather conditions. Preparation and application are crucial to achieving the maximum benefits out of Squirt Lube’s unique wax formula.
Squirt Physical properties:
- This lubricant is not flammable.
- It has an off white colour with a very mild odour.
- Store between 5°C and 35°C.
- Thermal decomposition will only take place at approx.100°C.
- On skin contact, remove with warm water and soap. (Not readily absorbed through the skin)
This product ships for FREE via Canada Post from Vancouver, Canada.
Squirt is a unique mountain and road bike chain lubricant that is easy to apply and ideal for any cycling and weather conditions. It had been developed to give better lubrication, last longer and keep the chain cleaner over extreme distances. Squirt Lube is 100% biodegradable, environmentally friendly and requires no degreasing. We recommend Squirt Low-Temp Chain Lube during the Winter months.
To get the full benefit of the Squirt Experience
Factory grease, old lube or oil are sticky and prevent Squirt lube from penetrating into the cavities between the chain pins, rollers and plates where it is needed to do its lubricating job. Other lubes and factory grease can also have a chemical reaction with the waxes in Squirtlube, limiting their efficiency and leaving a black residue.
We advise degreasing a new, out of the box, chain completely. There are various ways to degrease depending on the stickiness of the factory grease, old lube or oil, but soaking the chain in a container with a degreaser or mineral spirits should work. However after degreasing it is imperative to clean off all degreaser thoroughly, and rinse properly a few times. Allow the chain to dry completely.
- Do not apply over a greasy chain that has had other “wet” or “dry” lubes on it.
- Degrease first and allow chain to dry.
- Apply a drop of Squirt on each chain roller and don’t wipe any off, and let it dry completely before your ride. Never degrease again, just use a dry brush once in a while. Even when you wash the bike, don’t degrease the chain. Let it dry, apply a new coat, and allow the wax to build up in the links, and you will have better shifting, no chain suck, and much longer drive train life.
- Wait 5 minutes and apply again. Don’t be alarmed if over zealous application results in lube to drip from the chain initially.
Dirt will generally not stick to dry Squirtlube, and the little bit that may, will eventually flake off with the lube.
How often Squirt should be applied depends on the riding conditions. After a short while the rider will learn how long an application will last in his conditions. Of course, when you hear a dry chain noise, you should have applied already – so for the first few rides, while you learn about the conditions, it may be a good idea to take a small sample bottle with you. Generally, every 4 hours on the MTB, and 6 hours on the road bike.
Applying Squirt after a ride is a good idea as the lube will be dry and ready for the next ride. When anticipating a ride in wet conditions, application the night before will ensure that the lube is dry the next day.
|Dimensions||12 × 4.5 × 4 cm|